NIKON D6 FLAGSHIP DSLR BODY ONLY
Decisive power. Faster workflow. Absolute reliability.
Like every Nikon flagship camera that has come before it, the D6 holds nothing back. Featuring Nikon's most powerful AF system to date for capturing every heart-pounding, pivotal moment, the D6 is an uncompromising workhorse DSLR that lives up to every professional demand in any environment. And because every second counts in the field, the D6 is loaded with new time-saving workflow enhancements and advanced customization options. The moments that define us, that show what we’re capable of, the ones that live on, are waiting to be captured with a Nikon D6 DSLR.
The most powerful AF in Nikon's history.
The Nikon D6 breaks new ground in DSLR autofocus performance, outclassing the highly acclaimed AF system of its predecessor, the D5. A new high density, 105-point fully selectable, all cross-type sensor AF system, allows photographers to set focus almost anywhere in the frame without recomposing. A reimagined focus point layout reduces non-AF-sensitive areas with a triple sensor arrangement for each individual focus point resulting in 1.6x more AF coverage*, even with moving subjects in high speed shooting modes.
Precision focusing with 17 custom Group Area AF choices.
For reliable subject acquisition around distracting foreground objects like a net, player or other obstacle, sports photographers will find the D6's 17 selectable group Area AF patterns indispensable.
Image quality that shines in any light.
The stellar combination of the D6's high-resolution 20.8MP FX-format CMOS sensor and state-of-the-art EXPEED 6 image-processing engine enables class-leading ISO's up to 102,400 (expandable to ISO 3,280,000) for glorious image quality in the widest range of lighting conditions and shooting scenarios. The profound levels of sensitivity and resolution achieved by the D6 model greatly reduce low light noise and improve AF detection over the D5 camera.
Turbo-charged by EXPEED 6 processor.
The D6 is powered by Nikon’s fastest, most comprehensive image processing engine to date, EXPEED 6. It’s the brains behind the DSLR’s stunning photo and video quality, autofocus power, low-light performance, noise suppression, distortion control, image clarity, color reproduction and more.
Fast and reliable 14 fps continuous shooting.
For capturing the most electrifying of moments during high speed sports and action, the D6 can shoot a remarkable 14 fps for up to 200 continuous shots at JPEG fine quality*. Its beautifully clear optical viewfinder allows real-time confirmation of the composition while its highly dependable mechanical shutter eliminates any concern of banding or flickering at high speeds—crucial under professional environments where every moment matters.
Astounding 60 fps stills in video mode.
While the D6's remarkable 14 fps speed may be more than enough for most action photography, the D6 is capable of shooting at an astonishing 60fps for digital applications where resolution may not be as critical. In movie live view mode, holding the shutter-release down can produce 2-megapixel images at approximately 60fps* or 8-megapixel images at approximately 30fps** for revealing minute differences during critical moments of action.
The ultimate shape shifter.
On fast-paced assignments, being ready for every critically decisive moment is paramount. With so many ways to customize settings and shortcuts, the D6 truly adapts to every workflow.
The most well-connected Nikon flagship camera ever.
Transfer photos and videos, even RAW images, wirelessly to a smart device via the SnapBridge app over the D6's built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth. Wired LAN supports the highly acclaimed 1000BASE-T standard with 15% faster transfer speeds than the D5. In the studio, wireless LAN connections can be obtained with either the built-in dual band 2.4/5 GHz transmitter or with the faster, more reliable WT-6A/B/C Wireless Transmitter (optional).
Long exposures made easy. No remote necessary.
The unique possibilities of long exposure shooting opens up an incredible creative avenue to explore. With the D6, exposures longer than 30 seconds can be set right in the camera* without the need for a remote timer. In M mode, exposures longer than 30 seconds are selectable up to 900 seconds (60, 120, 180, 240, 300, 480, 600, 720, 900 are available).
Style-defining creative filters.
The D6 includes 20 unique Creative Picture Controls, all of which can be previewed in real-time and applied to both photos and videos. Spend more time in the field focusing on being creative and less time post-processing.
- Lens Mount ... Nikon F
- Camera Format ... Full-Frame (1x Crop Factor)
- Pixels ... Actual: 21.33 Megapixel
- Effective: 20.8 Megapixel
- Maximum Resolution ... 5568 x 3712
- Aspect Ratio ... 1:1, 3:2, 4:5, 16:9
- Sensor Type ... CMOS
- Sensor Size ... 35.9 x 23.9 mm
- Image File Format ... JPEG, Raw
- Bit Depth ... 14-Bit
- Exposure Control
- ISO Sensitivity ... Auto, 100 to 102400 (Extended: 50 to 3280000)
- Shutter Speed ... Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
- 1/8000 to 900 Seconds
- Bulb Mode
- Time Mode
- Metering Method ... 3D Color Matrix, Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes ... Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation ... -5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2, 1 EV Steps)
- Metering Range ... -3 to 20 EV
- White Balance ... Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade
- Continuous Shooting ... Mechanical Shutter
- Up to 14 fps at 20.8 MP for up to 200 Frames (JPEG)
- Electronic Shutter
- Up to 10.5 fps at 20.8 MP
- Up to 60 fps at 2 MP
- Up to 30 fps at 8 MP
- Interval Recording ... Yes
- Self-Timer ... 2/5/10/20-Second Delay
- Mirror Lock-Up ... Yes
- Recording Modes ... MOV/H.264
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
- HD (1280 x 720) at 50p/59.94p
- External Recording Modes ... UHD 4K (3840 x 2160)
- Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- HD (1280 x 720)
- Recording Limit ... Up to 105 Minutes
- Video Encoding ... NTSC/PAL
- Audio Recording ... Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
- External Microphone Input (Stereo)
- Audio File Format ... AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)
- Focus Type ... Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode ... Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
- Autofocus Points ... Phase Detection: 105 (105 Cross-Type)
- Autofocus Sensitivity ... -4.5 to +20 EV
- Viewfinder and Monitor
- Viewfinder Type ... Optical (Pentaprism)
- Viewfinder Eye Point ... 17 mm
- Viewfinder Coverage ... 100%
- Viewfinder Magnification ... Approx. 0.72x
- Diopter Adjustment ... -3 to +1
- Monitor Size ... 3.2"
- Monitor Resolution ... 2,359,000 Dot
- Monitor Type ... Fixed Touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Flash ... No
- Flash Modes ... First-Curtain Sync, Hi-Speed Sync, Off, Rear Curtain/Slow Sync, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
- Maximum Sync Speed ... 1/250 Second
- Flash Compensation ... -3 to +1 EV (1/3, 1/2, 1 EV Steps)
- Dedicated Flash System ... iTTL
- External Flash Connection ... Hot Shoe, PC Terminal
- Memory Card Slot ... Dual Slot: CFexpress Type B / XQD
- Connectivity ... USB Type-C (USB 3.1), HDMI C (Mini), 3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone, Nikon 10-Pin, RJ45
- Wireless ... Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi (via Adapter)
- GPS ... Yes
- Operating Temperature ... 32 to 104øF / 0 to 40øC
- Operating Humidity ... 0 to 85%
- Battery ... 1 x EN-EL18c Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 10.8 VDC, 2500 mAh (Approx. 3580 Shots)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) ... 6.3 x 6.42 x 3.62" / 160 x 163 x 92 mm
- Weight ... 2.79 lb / 1270 g (Body Only)
Warranty:LIMITED 2 YEAR